Speaker Reimbursement Policy
An academic representing his/her school will be reimbursed for reasonable travel expenses directly related to a JOIM Conference Series presentation of a paper.
• Non-refundable/economy class round trip tickets from home airport; preferably a 21-day advanced reservation
• Checked baggage fees (first checked bag only)
• Mileage for personal vehicle (at prevailing IRS rate) and economy parking fees
• Taxi, Uber/Lyft and public transportation fares
• Meals, max $50 per day including gratuity. We provide daily breakfast and lunch during the sessions.
• International flights
• Travel change/upgrades fees
• Car services or rental car (unless approved by JOIM)
• Alcoholic beverages, hotel incidentals
• Other personal expenses
An itemized receipt must accompany all expenses and be submitted within three weeks of the expense date.
JOIM provides meals during the conference (ie Sunday dinner, daily breakfast, refreshment breaks and a Monday reception). Presenters are welcome to attend sessions, meals and activities.
JOIM will coordinate hotel accommodations for out-of-town academics which will include a Sunday and Monday night stay. See provision above regarding multiple academic speakers.
In addition, there will be a $1,000.00 honorarium for an academic representing his/her school who presents a paper. Multiple presenters of the same paper will share the honorarium. A 1099 will be issued for the honorarium at the end of the year.
There is no provision for expense reimbursement or honorarium for non-academic presenters.
Speakers that have established an annual active JOIM Membership may send one associate from their firm in lieu of their paid seat.